PBS™ Point of Sale/Order Processing
A “Mission Critical” function of any wholesale or retail business is efficiently and accurately processing sales transactions. Because of its versatility, PBS Point of Sale (POS) provides the best of Wholesale and Retail solution in one package, including mail order, telephone, Internet or other types of orders.
Single screen transaction entry makes the PBS Point of Sale easy to learn and easy to use in minutes.
- Perfect for repeat customers with or without open accounts.
- Handles special pricing and special order items.
- Secure payment processing and split tender.
- Optionally ship items from other locations to customers or to store for pickup.
- Print invoices or tickets or slips.
- Supports loyalty programs.
- Supports promo/catalog/source of item sales tracking and reporting.
- Supports Point of Sale “payment” codes (cash, check, credit card and split tender) as well as Accounts Receivable “terms” for open accounts with credit limit controls.
- Has full-featured five level contract pricing and special sale pricing.
- Price lookup window allows selection of item price 1/2/3 or a price previously paid by the customer for a specific item.
- A separate services file is provided for tracking of service sales.
- Sell from multiple inventory locations. Know where in-stock items are currently located, how many items you have in stock, how many are on back order for other customer orders and how many are committed on existing invoices and orders.
- Handles layaway processing of payments, cancellations and forfeits. Cancelled and forfeited layaway transactions may be retrieved from a new layaway history file and reinstated.
- Quotes can be used to handle simple quoting needs of many businesses and can also be re-used as a standard quote or standard order for any customer in a few seconds.
- Handles serial and lot number items on the transaction screen to support warranty and recall processes.
- Securely processes credit card transactions.
- Complete support for multiple warehouses. A single order can be filled from multiple warehouses.
- Special order items may be drop-shipped directly to a customer from your vendor.
- Individual inventory items can be marked as taxable or non-taxable.
- Customers may be set up as taxable or exempt with a reseller or exemption certificate number. Items and services can be discounted by percentage or a dollar amount.
- Items and services can be discounted by percentage or a dollar amount.
- Miscellaneous or handling and freight charges may be added to each transaction.
- Alias file allows alias numbers to be assigned to items and services. Assign quick entry item/service numbers and support multiple product bar codes.
- Previous invoices can be easily retrieved for changes or reprinting.
- The complete invoice transaction process (entry, payment, delivery) is handled in a single step.
- An entire transaction can be discounted by percentage.
- Up to 99 lines of item and transaction comments and up to 99 tenders on each transaction.
- Credit memo transaction types handle inventory returns and other customer credits.
- Exchanges may be handled on one transaction for both the returned and replacement item.
- Users can be restricted from overriding credit limits and prices, entering payouts from the register, accepting check overpayments, and deleting transactions. Specific customers can be restricted to certain payment methods. Price overrides are available with security, logging, and reporting.
- Additional register functions available during transaction entry: Lock Register, Open Drawer, Payout, Change User, Hold Transaction, Retrieve Last Hold and List Store Holds.
- Immediate printing for invoices, receipts, picking tickets, and shipping labels. Generate PDF files for immediate printing.
- Print invoices on pre-printed forms or plain paper.
- Supports cash drawers, invoicing, order processing, receipt printers, customer display poles, and scanning item bar codes.
Passport Point of Sale requires PBS Accounts Receivable and Inventory Control and can also interface to Sales Analysis and Accounts Payable.
Back to main Distribution Software page.