General Ledger Software
Passport Business Solutions™ General Ledger accounting software categorizes and summarizes your accounting data.
The GL module provides comprehensive information for financial analysis and control.
Our GL accounting software also generates custom designed financial statements show profit or loss, assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Produces an overall set of financial statements from a consolidation of multiple companies.
- Supports multiple companies and cost centers and handles up to thirteen accounting periods.
- General Ledger account number structure allows for up to four segments with as many as 17 characters.
- Flexible copying of chart of accounts between companies is provided.
- Unlimited date and time stamped notes can be attached to chart of account records.
Click to view the General Journal screen
Financial statements can be printed for a set of sub-accounts and a set of cost centers and can be printed in flexible formats which you design. Multiple separate ratios and the date, time and/or report number may optionally be printed on financial statements.
- User-defined accounting ratios can be set up and calculated on financial statements. These can be standard accounting rations or customized to meet specific business needs.
- Financial statements can be printed for a set of sub-accounts.
- Up to ten lines of notes can be entered for a general journal entry, and printed on the register.
- Recurring GL transactions allow for allocations to accounts on a dollar or percentage basis.
- Wild-carding and account ranges are allowed in financial statement layouts.
With our General Ledger accounting software, users can recreate financials from previous years with access to multiple years of General Journal transactions. A Multi-Year Trial Balance Detail feature is also available for previous fiscal years, or any time period you choose. Run summary or detailed financial analysis on transaction activity between any two dates.
- Prints the Working Trial Balance, Trial Balance Reports and the Source Cross Reference (for audit trails).
- Comparative and budget information can be retained for an unlimited number of years.
- Different budgets may be entered for each year (past, current and future).
- Reports and financial statements can be easily generated showing budgets and comparatives for previous years.
- Analyze and track actualize and budgets for year-end projections.
- Federal, state/local and audit type attributes can be entered in the Chart of Accounts file. Using this information, the Tax and Audits Schedules function enables you to prepare and print schedules for tax purposes.
Our General Ledger accounting system generates user-defined tax and audit schedules to provide needed individual transaction level information for a selected range of dates. You can choose to show tracking detail that consists of source journal number and document number.
- Flexible year-end closing procedure.
- A utility allows output to a standard comma delimited file that can be read by Excel and other popular spreadsheet and database packages.
- Contains a loan amortization program, which gives you information about fixed rate loans.
Passport Software’s General Ledger accounting software my be used either independently or interfaced to the Passport Business Solutions™ Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Check Reconciliation, Inventory Control, Job Cost and/or PBS™ Manufacturing.
Back to the main Accounting Software page.