PBS™ Distribution Software – Purchase Order
PBS Purchase Order helps initiate and manage the process of ordering goods and services from vendors, tracking deliveries and improving controls over spending and inventory management.
- Supports multiple warehouse deliver-to locations to improve stock management.
- Flexible purchase order numbers (numeric or alphanumeric).
- Up to 999 lines per purchase order with up to 200 characters of description for any line item.
- Has a pre-purchase order system for pulling items from orders that need to be purchased. Option to create purchase orders automatically.
- Handles drop purchase orders.
- For drop shipments of sales orders, allows using the order ship-to address for the purchase order deliver-to address.
- Handles blanket purchase orders and releases against them.
- Handles order quantities up to 10,000,000 in the vendor’s purchasing unit of measure.
- Allows any inventory item to be purchased from its primary or other vendors.
- Supports multiple purchase-from addresses for the same vendor.
- Allows the ordering of non-inventory items and items for jobs (if interfaced with Job Cost).
- Different units and conversion factors can be used for purchasing, receiving, stocking, and sales orders.
- Informs you of incomplete shipments, both on the screen and on reports.
- Keeps track of costs that were unknown at the time goods were received and allows you to update the costs when known.
- Print item labels when posting received purchase orders.
- Allows for receiving of goods on a line–by–line basis or for the entire purchase order at once.
- During receiving, you are able to see the running total received against the open Purchase Order, taking receipt of goods knowing that the purchase order matches perfectly. Or, take a partial delivery and know instantly how much is yet to be delivered in dollars and cents. When not fully received, allows partially filled line quantities to remain open or be closed. Also allows entering a line quantity for more than what was ordered.
- Allows for receiving of goods without a purchase order.
- Allows for the entering of serialized and lot-controlled inventory data when receiving.
- When interfaced with Accounts Payable, pulls in the receiving cost and automatically applies that to a voucher, helping you control your costs.
- Prints a Purchasing Advice Report and Purchasing Worksheet to help you identify what should be purchased.
- Prints Expedite Shipment Reports, Follow-Up Past Due Shipments Reports, and Excess of Quantity Ordered Reports.
Passport Purchase Order requires PBS Accounts Payable and optionally works with PBS Order Entry, PBS Inventory Control and PBS Job Cost.
Contact us to learn more about our purchase order software and complete distribution management system.
Back to main Distribution Software page.